tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roy Smith <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: When does tomcat notice a newly deployed war file?
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 13:06:44 GMT
This is getting even stranger.

I deleted my war file from my webapps directory and tried uploading a
new war file via the manager GUI.  At this point, my app is working,
but I don't see any evidence of it having been installed in webapps!

My first thought was somehow I've got multiple copies of tomcat
running, with different $CATALINA_HOME directories, but that doesn't
seem to be the case.  I just did a global find for any files with
netscore (my app's name) in it:

[root@bonkers jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24]# find / -name '*netscore*'
/tmp/netscore.war
/usr/local/mysql-standard-4.0.14-pc-linux-i686/data/netscore
/home/roy/sandbox/netscore
/home/roy/sandbox/netscore/webapp/jsp/netscore.jsp
/home/roy/sandbox/netscore/webapp/netscore.war
/home/cvs/netscore
/home/cvs/netscore/webapp/jsp/netscore.jsp,v
/home/cvs/netscore/webapp/Attic/netscore.jsp,v
/home/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/work/Standalone/localhost/netscore
/home/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/work/Standalone/localhost/netscore/
netscore_jsp.java
/home/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/work/Standalone/localhost/netscore/
netscore_jsp.class

So where did it unpack the stuff that it's running?