tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: web applications.
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:54:43 GMT
Do you mean Tomcat? I like tomcat manager application. However it doesn't
work with java security manager. I have to shutdown web server in order to
incorporate my changes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Lanpher [mailto:jlanpher@stealthnetworking.com]
Sent: September 11, 2003 3:04 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Twin Cities Java Users Group
Subject: web applications.

Hi everyone.

     I was just wondering how you might handle working with
clients/developers in enabling them to restart thier web applications
when they make changes to:
1) web.xml file.
2) Servlets
3) Java Beans
4) etc.

Now I know about the manager application and developing with ANT.
But, I was wondering if there was another way to restart web
applications.  Something that maybe had the same functionality as the
manager application but didn't give access to everyone elses web
applications.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Lanpher

http://www.stealthnetworking.com