tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Srofe, Douglas (c)" <Douglas.Sr...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Active Directory
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:20:35 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion.  I did download the ldap browser.  I was able to
fetch a dn based on the host but it wouldn't connect.  I guess I need to go
back to our admin and make sure they have given me other valid information.

Thanks for all of your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Williams [mailto:ccwilliams3@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 11:41 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat and Active Directory

You won't get an intelligent response if you enter your LDAP URL into a web
browser, but many email clients are LDAP-compatible (e.g. Outlook Express -
add an LDAP link via the Tools\Accounts menu).  Also, you can try an LDAP
browser, such as the one at http://www.iit.edu/~gawojar/ldap.  Another
suggestion which you can try right now is to change the "ldap" to "ldaps" in
the URL - port 636 is the SSL port for LDAP.