tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Srofe, Douglas (c)" <Douglas.Sr...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject Tomcat and Active Directory
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:38:33 GMT
I am trying to use the JNDI realm to access our Active Directory.  The
server.xml entry I have is:

   <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
    connectionURL="ldap://ou=migrated users,ou=nmr,dc=enterprisenet,dc=org"
    userBase="cn=Users,dc=enterprisenet,dc=org"
    userSearch="(userPrincipalName={0})"
    userRoleName="member"
    roleBase="CN=Users,dc=enterprisenet.org,dc=org"
    roleName="cn"
    roleSearch="(member={0})"
    connectionName="CN=jndildap,CN=Users,DC=enterprisenet.org,DC=org"
    connectionPassword="Umisvc01"
    roleSubtree="true"
    userSubtree="true" />

When I start Tomcat I get

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Exception opening directory server
connecti
on:  javax.naming.CommunicationException: localhost:389 [Root exception is
java.
net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
LifecycleException:  Exception opening directory server connection:
javax.namin
g.CommunicationException: localhost:389 [Root exception is
java.net.ConnectExcep
tion: Connection refused: connect]

Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong with this?

Thanks.