tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Clive Luk" <cl...@ilanet.net.au>
Subject restart tomcat everytime I make change to servlet
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 00:13:21 GMT
Hi list,

I have come up another problem with making changes on servlet. Hope someone
can give me a hand on that. This is how I do it.

1. make changes to servlet1.java
2. javac servlet1.java
3. copy the servlet1.class to /<whatever>/WEB-INF/classes

The problem is I don't have any problem running tomcat. Until I overwrite an
old version of servlet with an new one. Everything seems gone wrong.

I will get HTTP status 500 to the servlet I changed.

If I reload the page again. I will get 503 Servlet servlet1 is currently
unavailable.

If I try other servlet that I didn't change I will get the same error.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Clive