tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Running Tomcat 4.1.27 without Jasper (or a JDK)?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:53:45 GMT
> Just out of curiosity: I'm wondering why you want to do that?
>
> The overhead of the JDK over JRE isn't that big and disk
> space isn't usually a problem.

We distribute the JRE in our installation. I know these days you're allowed to distribute
tools.jar (and javac.exe?) but the JRE we distribute (which would be inconvenient to change)
doesn't allow this.

There's also the fact that getting rid of JSPs gets rid of a fair amount of the *possibility*
of security problems, which is never a bad thing :)

Jon