tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Hall-Smith" <m...@pauaware.co.nz>
Subject RE: Can't Setup!
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:36:58 GMT
We had this issue when applying JDK 1.4.2 over a previous JDK 1.4.0.

We did 3 things to correct the JDK install, which made it work :

1) Uninstalled the old JDK

2) Removed two registry entry at HK Local machine\ software\ Microsoft\ code
store database\ distribution units\{GUID}\java runtime environment AND
Hkeylocal machine\System\control set 001\control\session
manager\environment\java_home

3) Installed the new JDK and set its registry entries to point to the JDK
directory not the (public) JRE which auto installs to C:\Program Files\Java

Cheers,

Matt