tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart Stephen" <stuart.step...@talkics.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:01:16 GMT
Whoops. 4.1.27 :oP

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: 17 September 2003 13:53
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server

Howdy,
FYI, Sun JDK 1.4.2 on Solaris 8 and 9 can use many CPUs effectively: I
don't know the upper limit but I've maxed it out on 12 and 16 CPU
machines that we have around here.  We don't have such big linux
machines so I can't explore that OS as much...

How are you liking tomcat 4.1.28? ;) ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

transparently
>and
>an Java application. (Ignoring natvie code issues) Whether the
>*implementation* of a JVM takes advantage of a multi-cpu system is a
job of
>the JVM vendor.
>
>-Tim
>
>Stuart Stephen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've installed tomcat on a dual CPU redhat linux 9.0 machine and have
>> noticed that it only uses 1 cpu. How can I make it use both? Is this
>linux
>> thing or a tomcat thing?

sender.  Thank you.