tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart Stephen" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:54:44 GMT
Well, I'm using Sun 1.4.2 with Tomcat 4.1.28. I assumed that multi-threaded
CPU's would be supported in Sun's Java VM. However, if i put tomcat into an
infinite loop it seems to go only to just above 50% CPU for the whole

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk []
Sent: 17 September 2003 12:49
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server

The JVM is spec'd to be able to run on multiple processors transparently and
an Java application. (Ignoring natvie code issues) Whether the
*implementation* of a JVM takes advantage of a multi-cpu system is a job of
the JVM vendor.

Stuart Stephen wrote:

> Hi,
> I've installed tomcat on a dual CPU redhat linux 9.0 machine and have
> noticed that it only uses 1 cpu. How can I make it use both? Is this a
> thing or a tomcat thing?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message