tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject RE: Desperation! Tomcat crashing inexplicably. :-& Fresh ideas needed.
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:50:09 GMT

So it's the vm that crashes.

Some recommendations (quite unsorted):
- There should be a core file from the vm somwhere
  With that you may find out where the error happened.
- Find out if there are recommended patches for your os and your vm
- If you can't find such patches, you may have to upgrade your os
  to a current version. (Not all vm crashes are cause by the vm,
  but some underlying libraries)
- Find out if you use native libraries (db driver, ...)
  Try to elimate them (by using pure java driver) or find newer
  versions.
- Upgrade to never vm
- Try a vm of a different vendor
- Try to isolate the action that causes the error
  - Try to find another way to do the same thing.
  (That's the last chance if everything else failed)