tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Daniel J" <daniel.j.stew...@boeing.com>
Subject Data corruption with large messages
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:18:18 GMT
Vitals:
Tomcat version: 4.1.27
Tomcat configuration: Out-of-the-box (except for my app's WEB-INF)
OS: solaris 2.9
My servlet skill level: medium-low

Problem:

When receiving a HTTP 1.0 POST with a 10kbyte payload, my doPost()
method writes the message body to a file.  The file is the right size,
but my data is nulled out after correctly receiving about 2kB.

In frustration, I set the Connector bufferSize parameter to "1000000",
to discover that I could now receive about 4kbytes of my 10kbyte
message.

I then proceeded to write my own Java server to receive the message and
write it to a file, and it works just fine.

I am at a loss - can anyone suggest what could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Dan Stewart