tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wilson, Allen" <Allen.Wil...@marcresearch.com>
Subject RE: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:22:20 GMT
Okay...

Found out that I did not have the mapping correct but when I changed it
to go the ROOT/WEB-INF/cgi-bin. I have now getting the following
error.....

Any help would be highly appreciate (even to the point of naming my next
born after you.....:-) )

Allen

(error msg)

HTTP Status 500 -

--------

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.ServletException.(ServletException.java:132)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:269)
	at
erChain.java:193)
	at
e.java:260)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Compiled
Code)
	at
	at
e.java:191)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Compiled
Code)
	at
:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
	at
:172)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

root cause

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Runtime: method
exec(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/File;)Ljava/lang/Proc
ess; not found
	at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet$CGIRunner.run(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet.doGet(CGIServlet.java:635)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:247)

Apache Tomcat/4.1.18