tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Wilson, Allen" <Allen.Wil...@marcresearch.com>
Subject RE: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:54:08 GMT
I have the j2ee.jar file in the classpath...should that not provide the
current jdk.

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Curwen [mailto:gb_dev@gb-im.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 6:12 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat


In the stack trace, root cause, you'll find:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 
  java.lang.Runtime: method
exec(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/File;)Ljava/lang/Proc
ess; not found
 
 
So something (org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet$CGIRunner.run) is
trying to find a method called:

  java.langRuntime.exec(String, String[] File)

But cannot find it. There is such a method, but only since JDK 1.3 So..
are you running at least 1.3?  




> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wilson, Allen [mailto:Allen.Wilson@marcresearch.com] 
> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 5:22 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: RE: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat
> 
> 
> Okay...
> 
> Found out that I did not have the mapping correct but when I 
> changed it to go the ROOT/WEB-INF/cgi-bin. I have now getting 
> the following error.....
> 
> Any help would be highly appreciate (even to the point of 
> naming my next born after you.....:-) )
> 
> Allen
> 
> (error msg)
> 
> HTTP Status 500 - 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------
> --------
> 
> type Exception report
> 
> message 
> 
> description The server encountered an internal error () that 
> prevented it from fulfilling this request.
> 
> exception 
> 
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
> 	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
> 	at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
> 	at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
> 	at javax.servlet.ServletException.(ServletException.java:132)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilt
> er(Applica
> tionFilterChain.java:269)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Appli
> cationFilt
> erChain.java:193)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardW
> rapperValv
> e.java:260)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardC
> ontextValv
> e.java:191)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:4
> 80)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Compiled Code)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHost
> Valve.java
> :180)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDi
> spatcherVa
> lve.java:170)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReport
> Valve.java
> :172)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:4
> 80)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEn
> gineValve.
> java:174)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:4
> 80)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.
> java:223)
> 	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandle
> r.processC
> onnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> 
> 
> root cause 
> 
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Runtime: method 
> exec(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/File;)Ljava
/lang/Proc
> ess; not found
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet$CGIRunner.run(Compiled Code)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet.doGet(CGIServlet.java:635)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilt
> er(Applica
> tionFilterChain.java:247)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Appli
> cationFilt
> erChain.java:193)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardW
> rapperValv
> e.java:260)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardC
> ontextValv
> e.java:191)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:4
> 80)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Compiled Code)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHost
> Valve.java
> :180)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDi
> spatcherVa
> lve.java:170)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReport
> Valve.java
> :172)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:4
> 80)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEn
> gineValve.
> java:174)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValv
> eContext.i
> nvokeNext(Compiled Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipel
> ine.java:4
> 80)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.
> java:223)
> 	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandle
> r.processC
> onnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
> Code)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> 
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------
> --------
> 
> Apache Tomcat/4.1.18
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wilson, Allen 
> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 3:35 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: RE: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat
> 
> 
> Okay...
> 
> I think I have the mapping correct because it now finds the 
> file but tries to download it. I am trying to add a listing 
> to the mime type so that it will process the file as a script.
> 
> I added the following entry to the mime types mappings list
> 
>     <mime-mapping>
>         <extension>cgi</extension>
>         <mime-type>application/x-httpd-cgi</mime-type>
>     </mime-mapping>
> 
> But it stills tries to download the file. Does anyone know of 
> another mime list for CGI Scripts
> 
> Allen
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jon Wingfield [mailto:jon.wingfield@mkodo.com] 
> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 12:47 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Re: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat
> 
> 
> /resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi does not map to /cgi-bin/*
> 
> I'm guessing "resporta" is the name of your webapp?
> Where did you place the script? As I read it, you need to put it in 
> /ROOT/WEB-INF/cgi (I could be wrong).
> 
> HTH,
> 
> Jon
> 
> Wilson, Allen wrote:
> 
> > Okay....
> > 
> > I did all that....
> > 
> > 1 - Uncommented the lines for the <servlet> container
> > 2 - Uncommented the lines for the <servlet-mapping>
> > 3 - renamed the servlets-cgi.renametojar file to servlets-cgi.jar
> > 
> > Here are those listings:
> > 
> >     <servlet>
> >         <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
> >  
> > 
> <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
> >         <init-param>
> >           <param-name>clientInputTimeout</param-name>
> >           <param-value>100</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >         <init-param>
> >           <param-name>debug</param-name>
> >           <param-value>6</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >         <init-param>
> >           <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
> >           <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi-bin</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >     </servlet>
> > 
> > 
> >     <servlet-mapping>
> >         <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
> >         <url-pattern>/cgi-bin/*</url-pattern>
> >     </servlet-mapping>
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > When I places a cgi script out there to just show a statement, I get
> the
> > following error....
> > 
> > HTTP Status 404 - /resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi
> > 
> >
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------
> > --------
> > 
> > type Status report
> > 
> > message /resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi
> > 
> > description The requested resource (/resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi) is
> not
> > available.
> > 
> > 
> >
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------
> > --------
> > 
> > Apache Tomcat/4.1.18
> > 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
> > Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 11:47 AM
> > To: Tomcat Users List
> > Subject: RE: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Howdy,
> > There's more than uncommenting involved.  You have to 
> follow all the 
> > instructions in those comments, including the jar file rename and
> tomcat
> > restart.  Then you have to give us much more information about what 
> > errors you're seeing.
> > 
> > Yoav Shapira
> > Millennium ChemInformatics
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message