tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wilson, Allen" <Allen.Wil...@marcresearch.com>
Subject RE: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:55:57 GMT
Okay....

I did all that....

1 - Uncommented the lines for the <servlet> container
2 - Uncommented the lines for the <servlet-mapping>
3 - renamed the servlets-cgi.renametojar file to servlets-cgi.jar

Here are those listings:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>clientInputTimeout</param-name>
          <param-value>100</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>debug</param-name>
          <param-value>6</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
          <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi-bin</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/cgi-bin/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

When I places a cgi script out there to just show a statement, I get the
following error....

HTTP Status 404 - /resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi

--------

type Status report

message /resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi

description The requested resource (/resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi) is not
available.

--------

Apache Tomcat/4.1.18