tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Lifecycle Termination
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:05:38 GMT

Howdy,
I don't think a computer program can be very repentant by definition ;)
Although it would be a nice touch to have a line like "Sorry for
crashing, I really did my best ;(" at the end of the fatal stack trace
;) ;)

Anyways, just amusing myself on a Friday morning.

>TomcatEmbedded stops unrepentantly and I cannot see a pattern. I have
>successfully queried and updated the database (Pointbase) and I receive
the
>following error:
>
>LifecycleException:  Container StandardContext[/examples] has not been
>started
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:36
>44)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1233)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1233)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.stop(Embedded.java:1036)
>        at EmbeddedTomcat.stopTomcat(EmbeddedTomcat.java:103)
>        at EmbeddedTomcat.main(EmbeddedTomcat.java:172)

Is that really all there is in the log?  When the container can't be
started the root cause is usually logged.  Can you start the container
without the examples context and its myriad sample configurations?

Yoav Shapira