tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: init servlet loaded twice
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:02:32 GMT

Howdy,
By the same token, it's legal for the container to swap out
load-on-startup servlet (i.e. their destroy() method will be called) as
it needs to balance user requests with system resources.  Accordingly,
many times a ServletContextListener is a better choice than a
load-on-startup servlet.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics