tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Starting EmbeddedTomcat
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:53:19 GMT

Howdy,

>After starting EmbeddedTomcat I run my application by entering a
starting
>jsp page. Something that is not obvious to me is how to accomplish both
in
>one fell swoop. What is the best way to do this?

So you need a request to that JSP page in order to start your webapp?
That's an interesting mechanism.  Why not fire something from the a
ServletContextListener's contextInitialized event instead?

Anyways, if you need a real request, consider HTTPUnit.  It's easy.
http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/

Yoav Shapira