tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Memory Leak with static content
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:04:08 GMT

Howdy,

>> You realize these numbers are meaningless to anyone except you, as we
>> don't know what you're measuring, how you're measuring it, what the
>> proper results / proper behavior is, etc.
>No, I didn't realize my numbers meant nothing.  I figured them to be
>self-explanatory.  The numbers supplied were there simply as evidence
of
>the
>incremental increase of memory over time.  That's all.  I apologize for
any
>confusion.

I was unclear -- they're not evidence of anything until you explain how
they're measured and what you would expect to see under "normal"
conditions (or alternatively show the numbers from Solaris and Linux
side by side, allowing space for JVM implementation variability).

>Actually, I didn't reset them after the upgrade to Tomcat 4.1.27.  I
just
>changed them to -Xms60m -Xmx80m.

These settings suggest a minimum heap of 60MB, and a maximum heap of
80m.  Is that the behavior you want?

Yoav Shapira