tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Memory Leak with static content
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:17:50 GMT

>Here's what's happened on the server since 12:40 today....
>Virtual Size: 112592
>Real Size: 61880
>Time Up(days-hours:minutes:seconds): 01:05:20

You realize these numbers are meaningless to anyone except you, as we
don't know what you're measuring, how you're measuring it, what the
proper results / proper behavior is, etc.

>This is an example of what's happening.  The memory it is using
>yet never decreases.  I'm able to run more processes on another server
>ours under Linux, and the memory never increases over 60MB.

On tomcat on Linux, you mean?  If so, wouldn't that conclude that the
problem is in the OS, not in Tomcat or your code?  You're using the same
JVM version on Solaris and Linux, right?

One thing worth investigating is the GC settings.  What are they right

Yoav Shapira