tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: problem while starting up Tomcat (v 4.1.27)
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:57:19 GMT

Howdy,
Is that a release build or some sort of test/beta?  On the JDK web site (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/)
it says 1.3.1_09 is the latest stable build: have you tried that?  Have you tried JDK 1.4.2?
 If so, does it work?

I'm asking all these because this appears to be an internal JVM error, not a tomcat one.
Tomcat can't even access the java.net private impl classes, it only accesses the normal (Socket
and ServerSocket) classes.  In turn, these use the impl classes, so it's strange for the impl
class to not contain a method expected by the declaration class.

Do you have anything unusual in $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics