tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Running external processes...
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:37:30 GMT

Howdy,
This is generally a bad idea (you can search this list's archives for
more details).  The Servlet/JSP APIs do not provide for this, so you
have to use System.exec(...).  This will work if the security manager
allows it, so that's up to your server administrator.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics