tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: problem while starting up Tomcat (v 4.1.27)
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:16:49 GMT

Are you using the sun JVM?  If so what exact version?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

-----Original Message-----
From: Agarwal, Naresh []
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 3:17 AM
Cc: Veeraraghavan, Laxminarasimhan
Subject: problem while starting up Tomcat (v 4.1.27)

When I try to start Tomcat (v4.1.27) on HP-UX (v 11.11), I'm getting the following error:
hp64 54: ./
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home1/lveerara/ws/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home1/lveerara/ws/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home1/lveerara/ws/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /opt/java1.3
[INFO] Registry - -Loading registry information
[INFO] Registry - -Creating new Registry instance
[INFO] Registry - -Creating MBeanServer
Exception during startup processing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: isClosedOrPending
        at Method)
        at<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at<init>(Unknown Source)
        at<init>(Unknown Source)
        at<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(
        at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(
Could any please help me out?
Naresh Agarwal