tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat exception report I don't understand
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:56:26 GMT

>and Tomcat 4, version 1.1 (the same as what's on the server).  I took

No such version exists of tomcat.  Check the string at the beginning of
$CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out and tell us what version of tomcat
you're using ;)

>I did find one notable difference between the Tomcat directories on the
>two machines.  On my machine, I have two extra JAR files in Tomcat's
>common\lib directory:  xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar

That's the cause for your error.  See the release notes section on XML

>Here is what appears directly under "root cause" on the Exception
>        at

This indicates a mismatching version of the XML parser implementation
versus the SAX API version.

Are you using JDK 1.4?  Are you using the same JDK as the developer who
wrote the site?

Yoav Shapira