tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Parse error in application web.xml (addChild: Child name 'jsp' is not unique)
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:17:42 GMT

Did you comment out the jsp servlet definition in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml?  You can only have one servlet with that
name "jsp".  The above is the global web.xml which is read in addition
to your application's web.xml.  Most people simply leave the JSP servlet
definition in the global web.xml and don't add it to their own webapp's

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics