tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: JNDI DataSource - need to synchronize?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:16:12 GMT

Howdy,
You don't need to synchronize pool access for DBCP at the calling
application level (which is your level).  You also don't need to keep a
reference to the initial or lookup context, just the datasource.  Make
sure to clean and null out the datasource reference in your servlet's
destroy() method.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics