tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.1.27: cannot shutdown tomcat !!
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:52:59 GMT

Howdy,
No, you don't need to recompile.

My guess is you have non-daemon threads your webapp has started, and
that's why the JVM can't exit.  This is not a rare problem.  You need to
make sure any threads you start are either daemons (so the JVM kills
them automatically) or are properly interrupted and terminated when your
app is shutting down.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics