tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.1.27: cannot shutdown tomcat !!
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:01:36 GMT

Buongiorno ;)

That's not an exception we see very often.  Your server.xml still has
the default shutdown port (8005)?  Can you telnet to localhost:8005 and
issue SHUTDOWN?  Do you have a strange networking setup on this machine?

During shutdown, tomcat tries to connect to the server shutdown port and
issue the simple string command, SHUTDOWN.  For safety, tomcat will only
accept connections from localhost on the shutdown port.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:543)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>        at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:3
>9)
>        at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
rImp
>l.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)