tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: starting tomcat as non-root
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:59:01 GMT

Howdy,
You can already start tomcat as any user on ports > 1024.  What you
probably meant in your question was port 80, and the answer is yes,
we're getting close, because tomcat 5 will use commons-daemon for this.
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/daemon/index.html)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics