tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat sucks at receiving large messages
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:29:46 GMT

Howdy,

>public void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) {
>  BufferedReader reader = req.getReader();
>  try {
>    char [] charArr = new char[req.getContentLength()];
>    reader.read(charArr);
>    String str = new String(charArr);
>
>    try {
>      File f = new File("servlet.out");
>      PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(new FileWriter(f));
>      out.print(str);
>      out.flush();
>      out.close();
>    } catch(IOException err { System.err.println(err.toString()); }
>
>  } catch(IOException err) { System.err.println(err.toString()); }
>}

What happens if you ditch the req.getContentLength() approach (there are
times when it will be -1 anyways), and do something like:
BufferedReader reader = req.getReader();
StringBuffer contents = new StringBuffer();
String line = null;
while((line = reader.readLine()) != null) {
  contents.append(line);
}

System.out.println(contents);

(Later we'll worry about the writing -- first make sure you're reading
the entire contents).

Yoav Shapira