tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Problems with Property Files
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:40:34 GMT

Howdy,
If they're in shared/classes, they're on the classpath.  If they're in the jar itself, they're
also on the classpath.  Either one will work.  If you give us a more specific explanation
than "Tomcat ignore them" maybe we could help more ;)

Personally, especially since you're in a logging configuration use-case, I would keep all
the libraries and configuration files separate, i.e. have a copy in each webapp's WEB-INF/lib
or WEB-INF/classes directory, and not use shared/lib or shared/classes at all.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics