tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Strange Perfomance decrease with Servlets
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:19:16 GMT

Howdy,

>I call the main-method from my test class the command line.
>- The method does lookup an Entity EJB on JBoss server.
>- Get a Property from the Bean
>- Serialize the Bean using Betwixt
>
>Then I tested the same by calling the same method from an servlet, it
>slowes down dramatically:
>
>          |Command Line | from Servlet
>----------+-------------+-------------
>Lookup    |  144 ms     |  2490 ms
>Getter    |   17 ms     |  2843 ms
>Serialize |  708 ms     | 64147 ms
>
>Has anybody an idea what causes this slowdown, or anybody seen
something
>similar before?
>Any help would be apriciated.

Strange.  How is your test set up, that is:
- Is the command-line class on the same server as JBoss?
- Is the test class in the same jar as the bean class?
- Are you sure the Getter isn't doing another lookup?
- I have no clue why serialization is two orders of magnitude slower...

Post the tested class and the test class.

Yoav Shapira