tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Resource Questions
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:07:21 GMT

Howdy,

>I have configured a JDBC datasource Resource within a context in the
>server.xml
>and am able to retrieve and use the datasource without any problems.

I would stop here.  ;)  Don't use GlobalNamingResources unless you have
an overriding reason, as that's more of a tomcat-specific (rather than
servlet-spec) feature.  A resource-ref should be included in web.xml
(not webapp.xml, whatever that is) for a Resource defined in the
server's JNDI tree.  Otherwise the resource is not guaranteed to be
available to your webapp in different containers.

Yoav Shapira