tomcat-users mailing list archives

From P.van Kemenade <p...@kw.nl>
Subject (tomcat 4) absolute links in dir listing
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:08:13 GMT
Hi

I'm building an 'agent' in front of our http filesystem.
it checks every request, does some smart things and
dispatches to the file requested in DefaultServlet.

if I dispatch to a directory, the DefaultServlet returns
a dirlisting. I like this a lot. but the links in it are abolute
links, so the next click bypasses my agent.

'plain' Apache uses relative links. why did tomcat4
decide not to do that ?

any easy way I can turn it off ? (without  .. rebuilding DefaultServlet
:-)

thanks,
*-pike

Internet search engines that take money from Web sites in exchange for
prominent placement should make that practice clearer to Web users,
federal regulators said Friday.Many search engine Web sites, including
AltaVista, LookSmart and AOL Search, give preferred placement to paid
advertisers. The Federal Trade Commission said that prime space can
confuse Web users who are looking for the best response to their
search, rather than ads for sites that paid up front.