tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dean Searle" <D...@computingoasis.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat connector for Apache 2.0.47 ... Please Help
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:51:22 GMT
Ok, Sorry for the delay but here is the documentation to help install
Apache 2, Tomcat 4.1 and SSL. It is 23 pages long with illustrations.
Just to let everyone know, I do not endorse or recommend anything in
this documentation. All I know is I followed a lot of mail list trails
and pieced everything together.

As usual make a back up of your server or workstation before diving into
this endeavor. Do not attempt this o your production server first, use a
beta environment first to get comfortable with this doc and how
everything fits together.

Please read the documentation thoroughly before attempting to do the
install. Make sure you have all files downloaded first. This should work
for most versions pending the SSL versions. If you see a security hole
anywhere in this doc please let me know immediately and I will change
this doc. I appreciate it if you could email me first before calling me.
I usually check email 6 times a day. I really need a life. But anyways
here goes! I have to use a link to the document since there is a size
limit on email of 100000 bytes. www.computingoasis.com/apache please
download this document to your computer.

P.S. I am currently working on documenting on how to use IP based
virtual hosts with Apache2 and Tomcat 4.1. This should be complete
hopefully in the next week or two. I am also documenting the same steps
for A FreeBSD 5.0 release install if there is anyone interested.

Dean Searle
Computing Oasis
989.245.7369 (p)
989.921.3904 (f)