tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dean Searle" <D...@computingoasis.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat connector for Apache 2.0.47 ... Please Help
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:43:48 GMT
Joe,

You place the mod_jk2 file in the correct folder, however you have set up the parameters in
your httpd.conf file incorrectly. The parameters you have are for the mod_jk module. For the
mod_jk2 module you would need a workers2.properties file and a jk2.shm file.

I have documented a full install of Apache 2.0.46 and Tomcat 4.1.26. on Windows 2000, but
I have used the same instructions on my WinXP Pro with out any problems. If this mail list
would not mind me sending this document please let me know.

This is information I have compiled from numerous mail lists and debugged for many months.
The document is about 20 pages long give or take. I don't have it in front of me at this time.
I can post it as a pdf or RTF. Let me know which version is more acceptable.

Dean

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Joe Mihalich [mailto:jmihalich@formalogix.com]
	Sent: Thu 9/25/2003 7:29 PM
	To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
	Subject: Tomcat connector for Apache 2.0.47 ... Please Help

	Hi,

	               I've installed Apache version 2.0.47, and tomcat version
	4.1.27 on a windows xp box.

	               I've downloaded the mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll connector, and put it
	in the modules directory

	            Under apache.

	               I configured tomcat to auto generate the mod_jk.conf file.

	               All that is working ok.so it seems.

	               I then modified the httpd.conf file as follows:

	LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll

	AddModule mod_jk.c

	JkWorkersFile \Program Files\Apache
	Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\conf\jk\workers.properties

	JkLogFile logs\mod_jk.log

	JkLogLevel debug

	               And added this include, at the end of the file

	Include \Program Files\Apache
	Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf

	               Now, when I try to start up apache, I'm getting this error:

	Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
	Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

	Can't locate API module structure `jk_module' in file C:/Program
	Files/Apache Gr

	oup/Apache2/modules/mod_jk2.dll: No error

	               Line 173 is the "LoadModule" line above.

	               Can someone please tell me why I'm getting this error?  In
	the download

	            Directory for mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll, it says that this file is only
	for Apache 2.0.43.

	            I assume that it will work for 2.0.47.or is that the problem
	here?  I can't

	            Find 2.0.43 to download anymore.

	               Also, I'm confused as to why all the other modules in the
	modules sub directory

	            Have the ".so" extension.  Aren't those unix shared library
	objects?  Can they work

	            On windows?

	               Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

	            Thanks,