tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anton Tagunov <atagu...@mail.cnt.ru>
Subject Re[2]: Character Set Issues (windows vs. Unix)
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:50:30 GMT
Hello Hans!

Sorry about responding with significat delays, I'm reading
the list only periodically, in gulps

AT>   String s = rs.getString(x);
AT>   char c = s.charAt(y);
AT>   out.print((int)c);

HL> Thats exactly what I am doing.
HL> .... same result

What result? What codes do you get for non-ascii characters
on Unix and on Windos boxes from this test?

HL> I have even tried
HL> Reader reader = r.getCharacterStream("field_name");
HL> and then printing out the the char values of the stream

I guess r is of the type ResultSet (sorry, Chris Rolfe,
you seem to have misunderstood somthing). Okay, I beleive there
is not any difference between ResultSet.getString() and
ResultSet.getCharacterStream(), it will be enough to test
either of them

HL> Its the most bizarre thing i have seen.
HL> ...and driving me insane! :(

I like to invetigate these matters :-)