tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Beransky <d...@dembel.org>
Subject RE: bug #21252
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:08:13 GMT
At 01:55 PM 9/2/2003, John Corrigan wrote:
>Why is the the location of the JDK a problem here?  The endorsed directories
>and classpath seem to be the problem to me.

As far as I can see the only problem is (just like the bug report says) the
total length of the invocation command.  Here are the facts:

1.  I've been running Tomcat out of exactly the same location for several
months and on different smaller projects with no problems.
2.  The problem showed up when I added an extra source path to the project
3.  The problem went away when I made Tomcat's location path shorter by
renaming its home directory and moving it to the top of the file system.
4.  I have no problems running other Java applications with the same JDK.

Thanks
Dmitry