tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Berry, Layton" <lbe...@integralsys.com>
Subject RE: _another_ problem stopping tomcat
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 04:03:58 GMT
Just guessing, but since shutdown involves sending
"SHUTDOWN" to port 8005, and the command is only
accepted from localhost, are you perhaps issuing
the shutdown remotely?

If so, Tomcat may be refusing the connection.
There are recent threads on remote shutdown.

Otherwise, I don't know why you would get a bind
error.  Good luck.

Layton Berry