tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Denise Mangano" <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject RE: Urgent! Cannot start Tomcat - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:18:38 GMT
The filesystem check returns that everything is clean.

I ran the test versions of the java programs that are part of my webapp
from the command line, and the program executes without a hitch.  It
makes a URL connection to a remote server and sends data, and then
receives a response...  So I would assume there is no problem with the
java installation??

How do I load a second instance of Tomcat without it interfering with
the current installation?

Thanks!

Denise Mangano
Complus Data Innovations, Inc.
914-747-1200

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Halloran [mailto:thallora@GS06.ISRI.CMU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 10:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Urgent! Cannot start Tomcat - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

RH7.3 was EXT2 filesystem I think?  (you probably did this) but I'd do a
complete FSCHK on all disks.

(1) Test some other Java applications...are they working?  If not
reinstall the RPM for the JRE you are using...try again.

(2) load up another copy of Tomcat in your user account?  Does this work
(don't try to run them together)?  If so...save your XML and WEBAPP
directories and reinstall Tomcat.

Good Luck.
--
Timothy Halloran <thallora@GS06.ISRI.CMU.EDU>