tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: URL: Hiding index.jsp
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:43:36 GMT
Tomcat4 cannot do this by itself. With the help of apache and directory
indexing - this can be done  with a little tweaking.

Tomcat5 can hide the name of the welcome-file.

-Tim

rhong@gmu.edu wrote:

> All,
>
> I am trying to develop a site and wish to hide the default page defined in the welcom-file-list
in the xml from displaying in the address bar of the browser.

> For example:
>
> If I have a directory called test1 and have an index.jsp defined, I want the user to
only see "/test1" in the address bar of the browser and not "/test1/index.jsp".