tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kok Wei, Koh" <kok...@theseventhdomain.com>
Subject Re: JRun - maybe off topic
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:19:41 GMT
Hi Steve,

Yes you can. Say you have machine A and B, with A running Apache (w/
mod_jrun) and B with JRun. You have to first configure JRun to disable
the JRun web server (in this case you dont want to use it because it's
always better to have Apache in front shielding JRun), and then
configure the external webserver which will then open up the jcp (JRun
connector port). This is the port on machine B that's opened up for
mod_jrun on machine A to connect to.

On machine A, you need to have the local.properties file of the JRun
server running on machine B, so that mod_jrun is able to look up the jcp
to connect to.

I'm bad at illustrating this with words ... forgive me if the above is
kinda misleading. I've done this kinda setup before and it works. I
however, just got experience with JRun 3.0, and not 4.0.

Good luck! ;-) and happy trying.

Steve Harris wrote:
> So can jrun be split off and run on a sperate box from apache like I
> can with tomcat ?
>
> Cheers - Steve
>
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
>

>>Howdy,
>>JRun is a complete J2EE server.  It can replace just your tomcat piece
>>or whole apache-tomcat setup.  If you really need Apache, it probably
>>because your traffic is high enough that tomcat standalone can't handle
>>it.  In that case, you'll still need Apache in front o JRun.
>>
>>Yoav Shapira
>>Millennium ChemInformatics

and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail