tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Threads and tomcat
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:55:21 GMT
Ok. I don't know and wish not to know. (Prefer to see what the spec says with
respect to threads and obey that)

At a minimum, tomcat obeys the spec with respect to thread usage. Tomcat will
create the number of threads needed to serve the requests concurrently up to
the configured limit. (minProcessors and maxProcessors)

As for shrinking the pool, I don't know if it gets done. It might be
documented or someone else will answer that.

All threads are recycled in a thread pool to serve requests so the same
thread may serve requests to any number of users (but not at the same time).
And the same "user" may have his requests served by a different thread for
each request.

Killing threads will not eliminate leaks. Needlessly keeping object
references help create memory leaks.

-Tim