tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: character encoding, JAAS, servlet filter vs. valve
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:28:13 GMT
Well post a message if you manage to sort it out. I now wasting time
trying to get emacs to work with unicode, but when I've done that, I'll
should be able to try out the same thing as you.

The way I see it, as long as the html login page going out to the
browser has character-encoding set to UTF-8, then there are no processes
between form submit and the redisplay of the login name which would
change its encoding.  The string goes thro the http request, into
tomcat, into struts action form and then back out into the html page
again. I'll soon see I guess.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2