tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: character encoding, JAAS, servlet filter vs. valve
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:11:48 GMT
Hi Joerg,
since you are using struts, why don't you ditch the
SetCharacterEncodingFilter and set the character-encoding as a property
of the struts controller? This means you also don't need anything in
your JSPs.

I assume you are using form-based container-managed authentication as
the interface to the JAAS realm. If so, I do not understand how you have
a character encoding problem with the login form, since you can just set
the character encoding in the JSP as a scriptlet or in HTML as a meta tag.

I stand a few days away from setting up the same configuration myself,
albeit without JBoss, so I would be interested in your reply.

HTH,
Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2