tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <>
Subject Re: Forwarding with Tomcat Standalone
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:24:38 GMT
Have you set up the security-constraint in your web.xml for those pages?

       <web-resource-name>Login 4 Everything</web-resource-name>
       <!-- Define the context-relative URL(s) to be protected -->
       <!-- Anyone with one of the listed roles may access this area -->
       <description>SSL not required</description>

You will also probably need to set up a filter to redirect non-secure
pages out of HTTPS. This is not automatic.

On 09/23/2003 03:28 AM Michael Futeran wrote:
> I am trying to replace an Apache/Tomcat combination with Tomcat standalone.
> I have everything else working, but I can not figure out how to get requests
> for secure pages to be auto forwarded to https the way they are with Apache.

struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9

View raw message