tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: stdout.log file growing very quickly.
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:19:34 GMT
On 09/22/2003 04:25 PM Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Tomcat is already mostly switched over to commons logging.

tomcat 4 as well, or just 5? If so, then presumably there is a logging
properties config file somewhere, which the original poster could
configure so that less output goes to the console?

In that case, this 'swallowOutput' attribute, that causes output to be
directed to the daily logs, will cause many log entries to be duplicated
in that log?

> Some things are still controlled by the debug attributes in server.xml.
> Setting all those to zero will not make tomcat completely silent.
> You're welcome to contribute patches to convert remaining parts of
> tomcat to use commons-logging.

I must either stop trying to do so much or be more efficient at what I
am doing before I can launch into helping at tomcat. But it would be
nice to take part. I am actually contributing patches at ant, but they
seem to have hordes of people contributing diverse patches which they
(seem to imho) wish they didn't have. Guess it's the broad nature of
ant's functionality.

Adam