tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <>
Subject single sign-on, form-based CMA, etc
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:13:07 GMT
Looking through the archives I see this topic has had some heavy
discussion in the past, but I just want to bring it up again to verify a
few points.

To overcome the issue with tomcat 4.x where the first session amongst
all contexts to time-out will time-out all the user's other sessions, I
saw Shanmugan left what appears to be a fine solution, overriding's invoke() method to keep all sessions up-to-date:

To overcome the issue where each context must have its own set of login
and error pages for form-based authentication, I saw someone saying that
they use symlinks under Linux, at least. In fact I'm also planning to
use symlinks to share style sheets and page templates (in Tiles) across
my projects.

Now that I'm about to launch into doing this myself, it would be great
if anyone else doing this could give some feedback as to how well these
solutions perform, or any other issues that arise.

struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9

View raw message