tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: MySQL DBCP pool exausted error message
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:50:13 GMT
Hi Nathan,

could you rephrase what the problem is? It's a bit ambiguous. Do you
mean that each thread can only do one DB operation and then it gets the
exception on its next DB operation, or on its next http request?

Have you checked in bugzilla? I think there are some unresolved issues
with DBCP. (I keep meaning to do that myself.) Not sure what issues though.

Also, are you sure that is the only exception you are getting? Could it
be that your error handling is not closing the connections when an
exception originally appears?

Adam

On 09/17/2003 07:20 PM Nathan Christiansen wrote:
> When I stress test my web app using JMeter, I am suddenly getting a "DBCP could not obtain
an idle db connection, pool exhausted" SQLException thrown.