tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Astrid Wagner <Astrid.Wag...@motorola.com>
Subject Re: problems starting/stopping tomcat
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:56:28 GMT
Hi,

Not again !!
I ran into the same problem:
SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:280)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:150)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:1117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:579)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:2246)

not being able to get a clean state.
Can you tell me how to look for status of ports and how I can kill those
processes
keeping thoses port occupied because I can not see tomcat process.
netstat | grep 8080
returns nothing (I get sth. for 8005) but that is not why it fails??!
I do not want to boot everytime I run into that problem ..
Thanks Astrid