tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Authentication strategies
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:50:28 GMT
This is 2 different questions.

Can I use LDAP for AUthentication. Yes - via JNDIRealm.

Can I perform authentication via an HTML FORM? Yes, via a security constraint
in web.xml with the type being FORM instead of BASIC. Helping you out furthur
via the mailing list with respect to the second question will involve MANY
emails. I recommend google, or a (good) servlet/jsp book to get more
information about FORM authentication.

Using FORM authentication and JNDIRealm will keep all security constraints
generic to the spec. Thats a good thing.

-Tim